Monday, July 11, 2011

Back for More

I just had to go back to Los Olivos and paint at Clairmont Farms again. This time, I went out deep into the fields... the owners told me how to find a path that would lead me to a chair set under a big oak. Perfect! I wound my way through the rows, buzzing honey bees zooming in and out. I was of no interest to them as there was lavender all about!


The shady spot under the oak tree was perfect with dappled light filtering through it's sprawling limbs. It was windier today and each gust carried the intoxicating perfume of the lavender. Beyond the fields, I could hear horses nickering and calling to each other. I love that sound!
This is a larger piece.... almost 17" wide by 7" deep. I love the contrast of the grasses at the base of the trees with the expanse of lavender. The trees in the distance just seem to rise up out of the color. I look at this painting and I swear I can smell the lavender!

No comments: