Thursday, August 25, 2011

I filled a whole sketchbook while in California.... I love looking at my sketches and reflecting on all the wonderful encounters and experiences. I have had fun sharing them in the past few blog entries...this is the last set of sketches from my California sketchbook.


My daughter's passion for horses brought us to California -- to Monty Robert's Flag is Up Farm in the town of Solvang north of Santa Barbara -- where she is working on becoming a certified trainer. You can read more about Monty's program and his wonderful work with horses and humans... seeking positive connections and success through non-violent methods and learning the language of horse. http://www.montyroberts.com
I always have my sketchbook with me and enjoy sitting in the center courtyard area and watching all the activity while waiting for Caroline to finish her day's work. The ranch is lovely with rustic barns, beautiful gardens, mature trees and, of course, amazing horses.

The atmosphere is inspiring to watch the horses and see people from all over the world come to work and learn about Monty's methods of training.
It is thrilling to see my teenage daughter find her passion and pursue her goals for a lifelong career. And it has opened up opportunities for me to be able to paint and sketch in such a beautiful spot in California's Central Coast.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

So glad you linked to your blog on DPofPA, Jane. Your work is just so beautiful! Amazing that your daughter's passion has been found at so young an age. Wishing her all the best as she learns and grows.

Jane Ramsey said...

Thank you!...and for the well wishes for my daughter. You're right... it is wonderful that she has found her passion and is pursuing her dream so young. And I have enjoyed documenting the journey in my sketchbooks.